https://www.innov8social.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/16223049348_36846a8598.jpg 277 500 neetal https://www.innov8social.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/innov8social_logo_gray1.1.png neetal2015-02-02 04:24:002015-08-01 05:29:47Storify Recap of Social Good Tech Week 2015 in San Francisco [VIDEO, PHOTOS]
It was year two of participating in Social Good Tech Week in San Francisco. This time, it was an honor to serve as a judge to the immensely driven, mission-oriented social entrepreneurs who pitched on the Main Stage on Friday afternoon.
Social Entrepreneur Pitches
The startups and nonprofits that pitched were:
- Noora Health (Judges’ Selection) – training patients & families with high-impact health skills to improve outcomes and save lives
- SWAT App (Peoples’ Choice) – aims to end police violence everywhere (Safety With Accountability, Transparency)
- tinyGive – enables people to donate to causes with just a tweet
- Long Distance Voter – the absentee ballot experts
- Say This Not That – new tool for compassionate communication
- FeelGood – mobilizes resources and the public to address the pressing challenges of our time
- Youthful Savings – empowers the next generation with financial education and entrepreneurship training
- ActOn mobile app – helps users engage with causes, organizations and responsible brands by taking simple actions on mobile app
- HandUp – direct giving for the homeless and others at risk
- Charity Miles – earn money for charity when you walk, run, or bike
The entire experience of the workshops, sessions, and presentations was incredible and…immersive. There was a chance to connect and get to know a number of attendees, thanks to ample networking time and ahead-of-schedule timing.
Below are various forms of media, including YouTube, Flickr photos, and tweets, to get a look and feel for the Main Stage (Friday) and a workshop on Growth Hacking (Saturday).
Looking forward to following the progress of the startups who pitched!
#SGTech Multi-Media Recaps