This episode of The Innov8social Podcast features all-around creative and dedicated social entrepreneur, Matthew Manos. I connected with Matthew after finding the incredible tool he created called “Models of Impact” (modelsofimpact.co). It is an interactive mapping web tool that is (in its own words) an “attempt to document every business model in social enterprise, ever”.
Matthew is artist, author, and award-winning designer, who is interested in the concept of experimental economies. He founded and heads up Global Strategy for design consultancy, VeryNice. The consultancy is impact driven, and dedicates 1/2 of its work to nonprofits, at no cost to the organizations. With its business model, VeryNice has provided over $3M worth of pro bono design services to organizations in 45 countries. VeryNice has worked with companies and organizations including UNICEF, NASA, Google, MTF, Disney Imagineering, and Samsung.
Additionally, and new news since we did our interview is that Models of Impact has relaunched as a subsidiary of VeryNice, committed to helping nonprofit executives and startup social entrepreneurs discover business models that are a good fit for the vision and missions.
Listen to the Interview
Find Out More
More About Matthew
- Matthew’s website, listing his extended bio and articles about him
- Matthew’s TEDx talk on “Reinterpreting the Role of the Designer”
- Matthew’s free ebook, How to Give Half of Your Work Away for Free
More About VeryNice
- Website: http://verynice.co/
- Value proposition: “A global design, strategy, and foresight consultancy specializing in solutions for social and cultural impact. Through our unique business model, we dedicate over 50% of our efforts toward pro bono services for non-profits.”
- VeryNice portfolio – examples of design, strategy, and consulting projects
More About Models of Impact
- Website: http://www.modelsofimpact.co/
- Value proposition: “Models of Impact is an online platform and strategic consultancy that works with social entrepreneurs and non-profit executives to invent business models that create sustainable impact in the world. “
- Announcement of new Models of Impact Consultancy
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!