This episode of The Innov8social Podcast, features an interview with Ryan Honeyman, author of the “B Corp Handbook”, speaker, and CEO of Honeyman Sustainability Consulting.
Ryan wrote and published The B Corp Handbook: How to Use Business as a Force for Good in 2014. It is the first commercially-published book on B Corporations. The B Corp Handbook explains what B Corps are, why they are important, and how companies can use the power of business to make money and make a difference.
The book is a user guide of sorts to the world of B Corps. It starts with a history of the certification and legal structure movement, provides benefits of being a B corp, and walks through various requirements of the B Impact Assessment, the step-by-step survey and “audit” tool employed by B Lab to measure a company’s social impact. Especially useful are the various examples, profiles, and case studies of social entrepreneurs and B Corp-certified companies throughout the book.
Ryan’s firm, Honeyman Sustainability Consulting, has worked with companies including Ben & Jerry’s, Method, Plum Organics, Klean Kanteen, and Nutiva to become Certified B Corporations, recertify, and maximize the value of their certification. And yup, his firm is a B Corp too.
Listen to the Interview
Find Out More
More About Ryan
- Ryan’s bio
- Ryan’s video interview with CatalystCreativ
More About “The B Corp Handbook”
- Website: http://www.honeymanconsulting.com/book/
- Value proposition: “The book makes the business case for improving your social and environmental performance, and offers a step-by-step “quick start guide” on how your company can join [the B Corp movement].”
- Purchase (paperback and audiobook) versions
More About Honeyman Consulting
- Website: http://www.honeymanconsulting.com/
- Value proposition: “Our mission is to help all companies harness the power of business to create positive social and environmental change.”
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!