*Innov8social readers can receive a 10% discount on Pioneer Summit THIS WEEK using code NeetalFriends
Listen to the Interview
As you’ll see, through his various roles, Marlon has a close connection to social impact. He received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Political Science and Sociology from Stanford, where he also competed on the football and track teams. Marlon has held leadership roles at the KIPP foundation, nonprofit organizations, is on the Board of Playworks and was the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Hewlett Packard before heading up GSVlabs.
What has been especially fascinating is how social impact has been consistent thread and focus throughout his career. At HP, Marlon regularly found ways to increase employee charitable giving and volunteer engagement. At GSVlabs too, he is finding ways to put a spotlight on social impact through the lens of entrepreneurship.
Coming up this week, October 7-9 2015, GSVlabs will be hosting its first ever Pioneer Summit with the goal of catalyzing innovation with game-changing Silicon Valley technologies.
Find Out More
More About Marlon Evans
- Marlon’s bio, as listed on GSVlabs’ website
- Marlon’s video interview, discussing diversity with Kauffman Fellows
- Webinar featuring Marlon, discussing the 5-year $7M partnership between HP and Kiva called “Matter to a Million”
- Article by Marlon, “HP’s ‘Matter to a Million’ Partnership with Kiva Gains Momentum at HP”
More About GSVlabs
- Website: http://www.gsvlabs.com
- Value proposition: “Representing the future of Global Silicon Valley (GSV), GSVlabs provides a community and coworking space for individuals, startups, and established companies who wish to accelerate their vision.”
- GSVlabs’ Sustainability Innovation Lab, one of the innovation labs on-site, focusing on sustainability and cleantech solutions and businesses
More About Pioneer Summit
- Website: http://www.pioneersummit.com
- Dates: October 7-9, 2015
- Mission: “We are convening the leading venture and growth companies from around the world, highly curated by the GSV TEAM, to gather in Silicon Valley. We don’t want incremental ideas. Our main mission is to help accelerate entrepreneurs’ efforts to make a significant impact on industries and societies.”
- List of Speakers
- Register here (save 10% using code NeetalFriends)