Listen to the Interview
Meet Ryan Shaening Pokrasso
This episode of the Innov8social Podcast features an interview with Ryan Shaening Pokrasso—who studied biology and worked in a remote lab in Alaska, served as a policy specialist and program director lobbying for environmental and climate change at the New Energy Economy, and is now an attorney and partner focusing on empowering entrepreneurs, founders, and leaders with legal tools and knowledge to create meaningful and sustainable businesses, organizations, and initiatives.
Based in Oakland, Ryan founded Elevate Law and Strategy in 2014 with the belief that law should be a tool for social change and environmental stewardship. While his law firm serves a broad range of companies and nonprofit organizations, its sweet spot is with mission-driven organizations seeking counsel on issues including entity formation, legal structure, employment law and regulatory compliance, and intellectual property issues including trademark and copyright.
Listen in to hear Ryan’s story about his path into social impact law, tips he has for social entrepreneurs considering their legal entity options, and what excites him on the horizon ahead.
More About Ryan Shaening
- Ryan Shaening’s bio, as listed on the Elevate Law website
- Ryan’s Blog on trademark protection
- Article by Ryan to help social entrepreneurs decide on a legal structure
- Ryan named a Switzer Foundation Fellow for his commitment to environmental progress
- Ryan’s fellowship profile on Switzer Foundation
More About Elevate Law and Strategy
- Website: http://legalelevation.com/
- Value proposition: “Elevate Law and Strategy is a San Francisco Bay Area based firm that provides legal and strategic consulting to entrepreneurs…While we look forward to serving entrepreneurs of all kinds, we have a particular focus on those with a social mission.”