Listen to the Interview with Mary and Myles Pratt
Meet Mary and Myles
This episode Innov8social Podcast features an interview with Mary and Myles Pratt, co-founders and impact filmmakers ofForward Films. We go behind the scenes for a chat with the director-filmmakers about their recent mini-documentary focusing on Startup Weekend Tech for Good. They share the genesis of their new company, their personal stories of how they became focused on impact, and their vision for promoting the stories and experience of impact changemakers.
Mary Pratt is a cinematographer, marketing strategist, and journalist. For more than a decade, she has been sharing stories, reporting news, and producing documentaries. Her work has been recognized by CNN, USA TODAY, and the Knight-Batten Awards for Innovations in Journalism. She co-founded Forward Films to make videos for mission-driven companies, startups, and nonprofits.
Myles studied management and worked at a small Manhattan bank for a few years before joining the U.S. Army. While stationed in Hawaii he started filmmaking with Mary and they have been producing, creating, and editing films together since.
Watch Their Recent Mini-Documentary on Startup Weekend
Find Out More
More About Forward Films
- Website: http://www.goforwardfilms.com/
- Value proposition: “Makes videos for big-hearted companies, startups, and nonprofits in San Francisco and beyond. Our mojo is telling real stories about your brand that show its authenticity and credibility“
- Mary and Myles’ bios, as listed on the website
- Their blog and vlog
- Their films
- A video, with tips on how changemakers can use film to tell stories
More About Startup Weekend
- Website: https://startupweekend.org/
- Value proposition: “In just 54 hours, participants experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup.“
- Upcoming Startup Weekend events