To commemorate and in honor of MLK Day–we are sharing one new podcast episode every day this week.
Today’s podcast episode remembers Dr. King, through one of his memorable quotes. And, we meet Dan Lothian, a journalist, storyteller, and social entrepreneur co-founder behind Heart Beings.
This episode is a nice complement to our earlier interview with Valerie Mosley, one of the other Heart Beings’ co-founders and a successful investor and dedicated entrepreneur.
Listen to the Podcast Episode
Meet Dan Lothian
Dan Lothian is a veteran national TV news correspondent whose career has taken him across the country and around the globe to report on global leaders, politics, natural disasters and other international affairs. At NBC, Dan covered stories for Nightly News, the Today Show and MSNBC.
At CNN, he was Boston Bureau Chief, where he coordinated all news coverage for greater Boston area. Dan served as CNN’s White House Correspondent from 2008-2013, through which he travelled with President Obama to over 30 countries.
He brings his journalism and media skills to HeartBeings.com, where he joins the founding team in shining a spotlight on people and organizations that are making a positive difference. Dan is an avid runner, a musician, husband and father of two kids. He has visited every state in the country except one.
More About Dan Lothian
- Dan’s bio, as listed on Linkedin website
- Video of a speech by Dan, during his time as Journalist-in-Residence at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
More About Heart Beings
- Website: http://www.heartbeings.com/
- Value proposition: “A Heart Being dares to dream and then carries out those dreams, aligning their actions with their heart desires to create inner peace and joy.”
- Happy and Free Podcast
- Heart Beings Videos
Here are a few of the interviews and articles Dan mentions in his interview.
- Happy and Free Podcast episode with Hank Williams
- Happy and Free Podcast episode with Jackie
- Interview with Model Tess Munster (Holliday)