It is Day 4 of our speak week of daily podcast episodes in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Today you get to meet one of our favorite San Francisco-based social entrepreneurs who has been successfully running, growing, and pivoting her business for over four years.
Listen to the Podcast Episode
Meet Heather Scott Arora
Heather is the founding CEO of Purple Plant and has bootstrapped the company since starting it in 2011. She is a recognized expert in product development, customer experience, workplace culture, wellness programs, sales and leadership.
As Founder and CEO, Heather has successfully built full-time “in house” smoothie bars at the University of San Francisco and Square Headquarters. She has developed long-standing catering relationships and partnerships with companies including DataSift, Yammer, Skype, Craigslist, Tagged, box, Macys, Hotel Tonight, RocketFuel & many more.
Purple Plant is dedicated to hiring and training employees in nutrition and creating pathways for them to becoming professional dietitians and nutritionists. It builds full wellness offerings tailored to millennials, through healthy smoothie bar services.
More About Heather Scott Arora
- Heather’s bio, as listed on Slideshare
- Interview with Heather, featured in Life and Thyme
- Photo of Heather’s original smoothie cart
More About Purple Plant Blends
- Website: http://www.purpleplantblends.com/
- Value proposition: “Purple Plant is a nutrition focused, interactive wellness program using full, on-site smoothie bars as the vehicle to create a happy, healthy and vibrant workplace.”
- Purple Plants on Facebook
Here’s a photo (and article) showing Purple Plants Blend’s start as a stand at the weekly Farmer’s Market
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!