Walk of Hope
It’s Day 27 of our 30 Day Podcast Project. In this special episode, I interview dear friends Christine (Tina) and Mathew who are back in the US after spending much of the past 16 months walking 7500km (or 4600 miles) in Walk of Hope, from the southern India to northern India. The walk was part of the vision of spiritual leader Sri M to engage with people in India, invite unique communities to experience the country, and share a joint spirit of universality, inclusion, and hope.
Listen to the Podcast Episode
Meet Christine Joseph and Mathew Abraham
My friends, who were married in South India a few years back, were moved by hearing Sri M speak and reading his book. So moved, that they rearranged their work, life, and travel to be able to join the walk for months at a time. They walked through over a dozen states in India and met millions along the way.
The objectives of the walk were outlined as:
- Interfaith Harmony
- Equality for All
- Sustainable Living
- Women Empowerment
- Community Health
- Education & Youth Development
Here are a few articles mentioned in this episode.
- Book by Sri M, Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master (A Yogi’s Autobiography)
- Article about Walk for Hope, “On a path for peace: Spanning India on foot with Sri M” (Times of India)
More About Walk of Hope
- Website: www.facebook.com/walkofhope2015/
- Value Proposition: “Walk of Hope is a padayatra for peace and harmony, covering 7500 kms from Kanyakumari to Kashmir, led by Sri M, founder of Manav Ekta Mission.”