Friday April 21st 2017 in Los Angeles
Impactathon: An Interactive Workshop for Social Entrepreneurs with Innov8social, featuring Red Bull Amaphiko’s Storytelling Lab.
Brought to you as part of UCLA Anderson Impact Week 2017.
For those seeking to reach their social impact potential
Are you or do you aspire to be a social entrepreneur? Do you have an idea of how technology can be used to create social or environmental impact? Or, do you have ideas for startups that are non-tech (such as physical products, services) that may be enhanced or better delivered using technology? And, do you want to build a powerful network of social impact minded creatives, innovators, professionals? Would you like to gain valuable tools to better brand yourself, your product or service, and be guided through to the next phase of your vision?
If these questions resonate, this event was (literally) designed for you!!
Join this event to:
- Engage and hear from other founders, aspiring founders, social intrapreneurs, entrepreneurs, thinkers and doers in the social impact space.
- Listen to honest, candid experiences and perspectives from thought leaders and trailblazers; hear about their successes and challenges and how they continually pivot to pursue both profit and social impact.
- Get a special guided tour of the UCLA Anderson Accelerator and learn about how to build your brand through a high-energy storytelling workshop by Red Bull Amaphiko.
- Work in small groups to build an idea and ‘mini pitch’. Beyond the idea, you will have a chance to build relationships with motivated, talented individuals aligned with a shared goal of creating social impact that can create community beyond Impactathon.
- Enjoy a fun networking lunch with peers.
9:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Registration and breakfast
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Introductions and Impact Talks
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Storyteller Lab by Red Bull Amaphiko
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Networking Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Impactathon Workshop
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Pitches
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Judges debrief and awards
About the speakers
Bhavna Sivanand, Director of Impact@Anderson
Sam Polk, Founder/CEO, Everytable & Groceryships
Andrew McDowell, Founder/CEO, With Love Market & Cafe
Somya Munjal, Founder/CEO, Youthful Savings
About the facilitator
The day will be facilitated by founder and CEO of Innov8social, author of 51 Questions on Social Entrepreneurship, host of The Impact Podcast by Innov8social, and speaker Neetal Parekh.
The ‘main event’ is YOU & the opportunity to workshop ideas and challenges we face in building viable, effective social enterprises. Bring your experience, ideas, successes/challenges you have faced and currently face and be ready for opportunities to share, brainstorm, and poblem-solve in small groups.
About the location
The UCLA Anderson Venture Accelerator launched in January 2016 to encourage students, faculty and alumni to develop new business concepts together.