The San Francisco Green Festival took place on November 12-13 2011. It marked the 10th anniversary of the event and celebrated the green sector, organics, social innovation, sustainability, natural building methods, urban farming, DIY, solar energy, green jobs, sustainable clothing, fresh food, and much more.
If you notice things looking a little greener at a certain time of year in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, or Seattle, it could be more than the changing seasons…it could be the annual Green Festival.
1. Green Festival is the largest sustainability event in the world.
2. Green Festival is the only green event that screens exhibitors for their commitment to sustainability, ecological balance and social justice using Green America’s green business standards.
3. Green Festival gets closer to being a zero-waste event each year
4. Even Web-Hosting by Green Festival is environmentally-friendly—100% Solar Web Hosting by AISO
5. Green Festival is produced by 2 non-profit organizations, Green America and Global Exchange.
6. The very first Green Festival took place 10 years ago in San Francisco
- Free for youth 18 and under
- Free for students
- Free for seniors
- Free at the door for bicyclists (be sure to park with the complimentary bike valet)
- Free if you use public transportation to the Green Festival (bring your stub)
- Free admission to all Green Festival Volunteers
- Free for Green America
- Free for Global Exchange members
- Free for Union members with card
- Free tickets from local San Francisco Ford dealerships
- Free for Sierra Club members with valid membership and card
- Free if you bring 4 cans of food to donate to the Food Bank
- Free for Rainbow Grocery patrons (bring a receipt of $10 or more)
- Free for All New Resource Bank Customers (bring debit card as proof)
- Free for Green Collar Blog readers
- Innov8socialI asked AI’s to review my book– and “I”...March 26, 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Innov8socialThe Power of Listening to Pitches: Lessons Learned from...February 21, 2023 - 8:32 am
- Innov8socialImpactathon 18 with Soka University Bridges to Business:...February 7, 2022 - 8:37 am
- What Does a Fully Virtual Impactathon Look Like? A BTS ...August 30, 2020 - 8:28 am
- You're missing Social Good Impact! :) socialgoodimpact....February 12, 2019 - 12:59 pm by Beth Palm
- […] https://www.innov8social.com/2016/07/difference-csr-social-enterprise...November 1, 2018 - 8:07 pm by Social Enterprise...What Does It Really Mean? | Social Enterprise Marketing
- […] as a social enterprise, and the opportunities...July 10, 2018 - 8:57 am by Dr. Christopher Robert on The Impact Podcast | SurveyCTO
- […] wears many hats as the author of 51 Questions...June 14, 2018 - 7:00 am by Moving in the Direction of Impact | An Interview with Neetal Parekh - Idealist Careers