Here is an excerpt:
A New Chapter for Innov8social, and a new Podcast
“Exploring social innovation through conversation.”
That is the theme of Innov8social’s new podcast. And what a true exploration the past four years have been. In June, Innov8social will turn 4 years old.
Innov8social started as a blog
It started in 2011 as a blog–one to examine a phenomenon of new legal structures, resources, and tools, at a time when five states had passed to create legal standing for companies that sought profit and mission.
in a changing landscape
Fast-forward to 2015, over hundreds of blog posts and dozens of interviews, and the landscape has continued to evolve. Twenty-seven states now have a form of the benefit corporation, just one of a few legal structures to recognize companies seeking something more than a single bottom line. To boot, another four states have passed a form of social purpose corporation legislation. Still others, nearly a dozen, have passed another form, called the low-profit limited liability company (L3C)… read the entire post on LinkedIn.
- What Does a Fully Virtual Impactathon Look Like? A BTS ...August 30, 2020 - 8:28 am
- Impactathon for Future Flourishing – a focus on poverty...August 29, 2020 - 9:51 pm
- SisterTalk Podcast series with Sejal Parekh and Neetal ...March 27, 2020 - 12:56 pm
- Social Venture Circle Welcomes the NEXT Economy, with Perspectives...November 18, 2019 - 3:28 pm
- You're missing Social Good Impact! :) socialgoodimpact....February 12, 2019 - 12:59 pm by Beth Palm
- […] https://www.innov8social.com/2016/07/difference-csr-social-enterprise...November 1, 2018 - 8:07 pm by Social Enterprise...What Does It Really Mean? | Social Enterprise Marketing
- […] as a social enterprise, and the opportunities...July 10, 2018 - 8:57 am by Dr. Christopher Robert on The Impact Podcast | SurveyCTO
- […] wears many hats as the author of 51 Questions...June 14, 2018 - 7:00 am by Moving in the Direction of Impact | An Interview with Neetal Parekh - Idealist Careers
What might impact ecosystem-building look like at this moment?
Over the weekend at #Impactathon For Future Flourishing, over 200 people from 15 countries connected, learned, discussed, collaborated, co-created and pitched social enterprise-inspired ideas to poverty alleviation.
47 Impact Catalysts from diverse backgrounds and geographies joined to advise, share subject matter expertise, support, judge, connect, and engage both with each other and with the participants.
After an intense twenty-four hours across more than 5 time zones, 22 teams pitched to judges.
It was truly incredible. Via @zoom , @discord, @google Drive, @whatsapp, @eventbrite, @youtube, and other platforms -- and with the dedication and perseverance of all involved to overcome tech challenges-- we were able to do more than join a videoconference. We were able to collaborate, to gain a feel of what it is like to be in a room together.
Read more from behind the scenes: #linkinbio
Thanks to participants, Impact Catalysts, Judges, Sponsors, and Panel Talk Speakers for being part of this milestone gathering!
Thanks @adamonjourney and @joinjourney for leadership and collaboration!
Thanks to all of the individuals supporting the #BTS operations and communications including @leonwang55, @jenna_leigh._, @ioanaghimus, Rebekah✨✨
#goanddo #impactecosystembuilding #impactathon #impact #hackathon #povertyalleviation #Gratitude ... See MoreSee Less
1 month ago ·
> Know more about us ...