Do you enjoy listening to humor? Have you actively tried to be funny in your talks and presentations? In today’s episode you will meet David Nihil, author of new book “Do You Talk Funny” and founder of FunnyBizz.co and hear the ‘why’ behind adding humor can actually help articulate and sharing your social impact.
Listen to the Podcast Episode
Meet David Nihill
David was born in Dublin, Ireland. After graduating with a Master’s Degree in Business in 2003, he moved to San Francisco where he worked for the Irish government helping startups expand rapidly. David is the Founder of FunnyBizz Conferences, a community conference series helping content creators tap into the power of storytelling, comedy and improv to create better content.
David Nihill (Nyhill) is the author of the best-selling book Do You Talk Funny? If you are a fan, as I am, of NPR’s Moth Radio Hour—you’ll be excited to know he has won multiple Moth Storyslam competitions.
He has performed standup comedy at California’s leading clubs including Cobbs, the Comedy Store, the Improv and the Punchline even though he strongly denies being a comedian and is well aware most people don’t understand his accent. His learning, taken from one year’s intensive experiments in comedy, performed on someone from the business community with a huge initial fear of public speaking (i.e. him!) have been featured in Inc., Lifehacker, The Huffington Post, and Forbes amongst others
David is also the Founder of Comedy for a Spinal Cause, which brings together top comedians & local communities to raising funds and awareness to assist incredible individuals on their road to spinal cord injury recovery. And that’s actually my first introduction to David since he talked about this cause in a workshop he led at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center.
He works with San Francisco State University, General Assembly and the Nasdaq entrepreneurial center as a course instructor and his clients include top companies like LinkedIn, best-selling authors, TV personalities, CEO’s, TED speakers and a penguin he once failed to make funny.
Here are a few articles mentioned in this episode.
More About David Nihill
- David Nihill bio, as listed on 7comedyhabits.com website
- David Nihill bio, as listed on Linkedin website
- David Nihill video explaining Comedy Habits to Become a Funnier Speaker
More About FunnyBizz
- Website: http://funnybizz.co/
- Value Proposition: “In the land of infinite distraction, the one who tickles the funny bone reigns supreme. As business, entertainment, and comedy become ever more intertwined, savvy startups, leading ad agencies, and Fortune 500 firms alike are turning to humor as the ultimate tool for being memorable amidst the ringtones and vibrations of modern life.”