California Governor Jerry Brown signed 2 bills that create new legal structures for social entrepreneurs, at the eleventh hour on Sunday, October 9th, 2011.With a few days for the blogosphere and twitterverse to react and inform, here’s a list of blog posts and resources about the new social innovation legislation.(Note: feel free to add on […]
“Entrepreneurs, investors and consumers are calling for this type of legislation,” said Assemblymember Huffman. “They believe this is the start of something transformational. AB 361 rolls out the welcome mat for businesses and investors ready to create high quality jobs in California and make economic and social contributions that will improve the quality of life in communities across to our state for years to come,” said Assemblymember Jared Huffman (sponsor of AB 361)
JaredHuffman Jared Huffman
Just before midnight @JerryBrownGov signed my benefit corporation bill AB 361! CA now on cutting edge of corporate social responsibility!marc_thibault Marc Thibault
Gov Brown signs into law #BenefitCorp Legislation #AB361. Thx@Jared Huffman, @ASBCouncil, @BCorporation 4ur leadership.
#CA becomes the first State to offer #socent a choice. Brown signs Flexible Purpose and Benefit Corporation legislationbusinessforgood.blogspot.com
California becomes leader in innovation in corporate forms for social entrepreneurs nonprofitlawblog.com/home/2011/10/c… – great move, Governor!
Great news! @JerryBrownGov signed Flexible Purpose Corp & #BenefitCorp #Legislation into law! 1.usa.gov/r3a5C1 #BCorp #socent #impinv
GreenBizConsult Carolina Miranda
California passes #bcorp and green business legislation!http://ht.ly/6SIR1WJF_Competition William James Fnd
Go MoonBeam! Gov. Jerry Brown signs AB 361, for CA Benefit Corps. Moving forward… aroundthecapitol.com/Bills/AB_361/2…
Social Innovation Bills in CA signed by Governor Jerry Brown!http://ow.ly/6SNgv #socent #CA dlvr.it/q6sh2 #vgiveadamnTheHubLA The HUB LA
Social Innovation Bills in CA signed by Governor Jerry Brown!http://ow.ly/6SNgv #socent #CAArthurSmid Arthur Smid
California at forefront of progressive legislation: Bill AB 361 – Benefit corporations. Brown signed B corps into law gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=17…
California is #6
The passage of the benefit corporation legislation makes California the 6th state to recognize a new form of corporation that is for-profit and committed to creating a positive impact on society and the environment. California joins Maryland, Vermont, Hawaii, Virginia, and New Jersey in the benefit corporation club.
A Look Back
If you have been following the benefit corporation legislation movement on the B Corporation public policy page, here on Innov8Social, or on any number of sites following the developments, you may have been awaiting the midnight decision.
You can catch up on the progress of AB 361 in California:
- starting from the Senate Committee on Banking & Finance,
- to CA Senate Judiciary Committee hearing,
- past the Senate Appropriations Committee,
- to the Senate Floor,
- back to to State Assembly, and
- to the Governor’s Desk.
A Look Ahead
- Impactathon UCLA Anderson 2019 in Partnership with The SAM...April 28, 2019 - 5:12 pm
- Innov8socialListen to the Entire Season of The Impact Podcast: Ecosystem...April 15, 2019 - 8:06 pm
- Innov8socialHow to Apply a Social Impact Ecosystem MindsetApril 9, 2019 - 11:26 pm
- How to Build a Location-based Ecosystem for Social Impa...April 9, 2019 - 11:24 pm
- […] https://www.innov8social.com/2016/07/difference-csr-social-enterprise...November 1, 2018 - 8:07 pm by Social Enterprise...What Does It Really Mean? | Social Enterprise Marketing
- […] wears many hats as the author of 51 Questions...June 14, 2018 - 7:00 am by Moving in the Direction of Impact | An Interview with Neetal Parekh - Idealist Careers
- […] hats as the author of 51 Questions on Social Entrepreneurship,...June 14, 2018 - 7:00 am by Moving in the Direction of Impact | An Interview with Neetal Parekh - Idealist Careers
- […] Innov8 Social – Movers and shakers in the...September 26, 2017 - 3:17 pm by 12 Social Entrepreneurship Blogs and Podcasts to Get Inspired | Orapin Marketing + Public Relations
Impactathon® Los Angeles with UCLA Anderson School of Management 2017⠀
Impactathon® is an interactive social impact experience that incorporates engaging parts of expert talks, workshop, and hackathon to empower participants to be problem solvers and adopt a social entrepreneurship mindset.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
More at Impactathon.co⠀
#testimonial #impactathon #innov8social #goanddo #socent #impinv #changemaker #socialenterprise #impact #socialimpact #socialentrepreneur #intrapreneur #socialimpact #sustainablebusiness #makeadifference #createthefuture ... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago ·
> Know more about us ...