California Governor Jerry Brown signed 2 bills that create new legal structures for social entrepreneurs, at the eleventh hour on Sunday, October 9th, 2011.With a few days for the blogosphere and twitterverse to react and inform, here’s a list of blog posts and resources about the new social innovation legislation.(Note: feel free to add on […]
“Entrepreneurs, investors and consumers are calling for this type of legislation,” said Assemblymember Huffman. “They believe this is the start of something transformational. AB 361 rolls out the welcome mat for businesses and investors ready to create high quality jobs in California and make economic and social contributions that will improve the quality of life in communities across to our state for years to come,” said Assemblymember Jared Huffman (sponsor of AB 361)
JaredHuffman Jared Huffman
Just before midnight @JerryBrownGov signed my benefit corporation bill AB 361! CA now on cutting edge of corporate social responsibility!marc_thibault Marc Thibault
Gov Brown signs into law #BenefitCorp Legislation #AB361. Thx@Jared Huffman, @ASBCouncil, @BCorporation 4ur leadership.
#CA becomes the first State to offer #socent a choice. Brown signs Flexible Purpose and Benefit Corporation legislationbusinessforgood.blogspot.com
California becomes leader in innovation in corporate forms for social entrepreneurs nonprofitlawblog.com/home/2011/10/c… – great move, Governor!
Great news! @JerryBrownGov signed Flexible Purpose Corp & #BenefitCorp #Legislation into law! 1.usa.gov/r3a5C1 #BCorp #socent #impinv
GreenBizConsult Carolina Miranda
California passes #bcorp and green business legislation!http://ht.ly/6SIR1WJF_Competition William James Fnd
Go MoonBeam! Gov. Jerry Brown signs AB 361, for CA Benefit Corps. Moving forward… aroundthecapitol.com/Bills/AB_361/2…
Social Innovation Bills in CA signed by Governor Jerry Brown!http://ow.ly/6SNgv #socent #CA dlvr.it/q6sh2 #vgiveadamnTheHubLA The HUB LA
Social Innovation Bills in CA signed by Governor Jerry Brown!http://ow.ly/6SNgv #socent #CAArthurSmid Arthur Smid
California at forefront of progressive legislation: Bill AB 361 – Benefit corporations. Brown signed B corps into law gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=17…
California is #6
The passage of the benefit corporation legislation makes California the 6th state to recognize a new form of corporation that is for-profit and committed to creating a positive impact on society and the environment. California joins Maryland, Vermont, Hawaii, Virginia, and New Jersey in the benefit corporation club.
A Look Back
If you have been following the benefit corporation legislation movement on the B Corporation public policy page, here on Innov8Social, or on any number of sites following the developments, you may have been awaiting the midnight decision.
You can catch up on the progress of AB 361 in California:
- starting from the Senate Committee on Banking & Finance,
- to CA Senate Judiciary Committee hearing,
- past the Senate Appropriations Committee,
- to the Senate Floor,
- back to to State Assembly, and
- to the Governor’s Desk.
A Look Ahead
- What Does a Fully Virtual Impactathon Look Like? A BTS ...August 30, 2020 - 8:28 am
- Impactathon for Future Flourishing – a focus on poverty...August 29, 2020 - 9:51 pm
- SisterTalk Podcast series with Sejal Parekh and Neetal ...March 27, 2020 - 12:56 pm
- Social Venture Circle Welcomes the NEXT Economy, with Perspectives...November 18, 2019 - 3:28 pm
- You're missing Social Good Impact! :) socialgoodimpact....February 12, 2019 - 12:59 pm by Beth Palm
- […] https://www.innov8social.com/2016/07/difference-csr-social-enterprise...November 1, 2018 - 8:07 pm by Social Enterprise...What Does It Really Mean? | Social Enterprise Marketing
- […] as a social enterprise, and the opportunities...July 10, 2018 - 8:57 am by Dr. Christopher Robert on The Impact Podcast | SurveyCTO
- […] wears many hats as the author of 51 Questions...June 14, 2018 - 7:00 am by Moving in the Direction of Impact | An Interview with Neetal Parekh - Idealist Careers
What might impact ecosystem-building look like at this moment?
Over the weekend at #Impactathon For Future Flourishing, over 200 people from 15 countries connected, learned, discussed, collaborated, co-created and pitched social enterprise-inspired ideas to poverty alleviation.
47 Impact Catalysts from diverse backgrounds and geographies joined to advise, share subject matter expertise, support, judge, connect, and engage both with each other and with the participants.
After an intense twenty-four hours across more than 5 time zones, 22 teams pitched to judges.
It was truly incredible. Via @zoom , @discord, @google Drive, @whatsapp, @eventbrite, @youtube, and other platforms -- and with the dedication and perseverance of all involved to overcome tech challenges-- we were able to do more than join a videoconference. We were able to collaborate, to gain a feel of what it is like to be in a room together.
Read more from behind the scenes: #LinkInBio
Thanks to participants, Impact Catalysts, Judges, Sponsors, and Panel Talk Speakers for being part of this milestone gathering!
Thanks @adamonjourney and @joinjourney for leadership and collaboration!
Thanks to all of the individuals supporting the #BTS operations and communications including @leonwang55, @jenna_leigh._, @ioanaghimus, Rebekah✨✨
#goanddo #impactecosystembuilding #impactathon #impact #hackathon #povertyalleviation #gratitude ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago ·
> Know more about us ...