GreenVC.org is growing as a go-to place for social entrepreneurs. It is a service of Green Economy Media, which is developing an array of resources for individuals interested in building a sustainable economy with participation of job seekers, entrepreneurs, consumers, companies, and policy-makers.
GreenVC has been created to connect social entrepreneurs with events, funding news, impact investment opportunities, and other resources that will be helpful in their growth and development.
More about GreenVC’s founder
The site was founded four years ago by Leonard Adler, who is a tried and true social innovator.
While pursing his Masters in Public Policy at the John F. Kennedy School of Public Government at Harvard University, Adler founded the Public Service Interest Group—a student organization dedicated to developing programs related to educational and social policy. He went on to co-found the Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy, while earning his J.D. from Georgetown University. During his tenure there, he also contributed to the development of the ABA Thurgood Marshall Award.
As an Echoing Green fellow, he founded a non-profit organization focused on addressing poverty through coalition-building and policy-making. He later served as Director of Student Organizing at Equal Justice Works, overseeing a fundraising effort which raised over $2M to fund thousands of summer legal internships.
Leonard has also looked to share his experience in the social sector with up-and-coming social entrepreneurs, through mentorship, events, and partnerships. His efforts have provided helpful insight to initiatives in the social innovation space, including Innov8Social.
5 Things to Check Out on GreenVC.org
- Events. A list of “green” events relevant to social entrepreneurs. This is a listing of international happenings which includes events such as Social Enterprise Summit 2011, Clean-tech Investor Summit, Opportunity Green, and the San Francisco Green Festival.
- Crowdfunding. A list of resources for social entrepreneurs and non-profits to raise funds through smaller online funding efforts such as KickStarter, Indiegogo, and Greenfunder.
- Discounts & Free Offers. Includes free events and discount codes.
- Funding Resources. A look at funding resources including business plan competitions, social entrepreneurship awards and fellowships, and social venture capital.
- GreenVC Blog. Includes news and posts relevant to social entrepreneurs. A few past posts of interest include:
And you can now find select Innov8Social posts syndicated on GreenVC.