Not just a one-time prize
Perhaps the best aspect is that the competition doesn’t end with a strong finish. Winners of Imagine H20 join a specialized accelerator program to further develop their ideas, seek guidance from experts and specialists, and put them in the running for cash resources, in-kind services, and global exposure.
Facts to inspire action
- Water related diseases are the leading cause of child death, killing 4,500 children per day (UNICEF)
- 1.1 billion people live without clean water today (World Water Forum)
- 20% of clean water is lost due to leaks (EPA)
- Water scarcity affects every continent and affects 4 out of every 10 people (World Health Organization)
- Demand in the U.S. has tripled in the past 30 years while the population has grown only 50% (Goldman Sachs)
- Up to $1 trillion is needed to rebuild America’s aging water infrastructure (Goldman Sachs)
How to Win $200K for Your Social Innovation Business Plan
- Be an individual or team comprised of members older than 18 years (who are not previous winners or finalists)
- Focus on the year’s specific theme (i.e. the 2011 theme was wastewater) and consult the ImagineH20 competition guidelines to find out what kinds of solutions are being sought.
- Teams must form a for-profit business entity before receiving any prizes.
- Teams must submit entries in 1 of 2 tracks: A) Pre-Revenue Track or B) Early Revenue Track
- Teams must submit an executive summary of a business plan for a social innovation venture (using a designated template) addressing the year’s specific water crisis theme. Along with resumes of each team member, and the designated entry fee.
- 2011 applications were accepted from September 1st 2011 to November 15th 2011.
- The top finalists from each track will be invited to participate in Round 2.
- In 2011, 2 grand prizes and 4 runner-up prizes are slated to be announced at the ImagineH20 Showcase
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!