https://www.innov8social.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Screen-Shot-2012-12-28-at-11.33.45-AM.png 440 640 neetal https://www.innov8social.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/innov8social_logo_gray1.1.png neetal2012-12-28 19:57:002015-08-01 12:13:39Infographic: 2012 Sees Doubling of States that Passed Benefit Corporation Legislation
It seems like just yesterday there were 6 states that had passed benefit corporation legislation. That was over a year ago. In that time, B Lab and B Corp have successfully supported the passage of benefit corporation legislation in 12 states.Here’s an infographic from the B Corporation website that shows a map of the states that have passed benefit legislation, and states that are working on it. You can also view the B Corporation 2012 Annual Report, but note that it doesn’t reflect states that recently passed legislation.The Annual Report notes that over 500 companies have been certified as B corps, and the community is growing. (Note: B Corp is different from benefit corporation—though both distinctions indicate a commitment to creating a positive impact on society and the environment.)
The 12 states that have passed benefit corporation legislation are:
- Maryland passed SB690/HB1009 in April 2010.
- Vermont passed S.263 in May 2010.
- Virginia passed HB2358 in March 2011.
- New Jersey passed S2170 in March 2011.
- Hawaii passed SB298 in July 2011.
- California passed AB361 in October 2011.
- New York passed A4692-a and S79-a in December 2011.
- Louisiana passed HB1178 in May 2012.
- South Carolina passed HB4766 in June 2012.
- Massachusetts passed H4352 in July 2012.
- Illinois passed SB2897 in August 2012.
- Pennsylvania passed HB1616 in October 2012.